Health & Safety
The safety and security of our children is paramount. We look after the children in our care by:
- Having clear rules of expected behaviour supported by policies on Behaviour and Anti-Bullying with procedures followed by all.
- Teaching the children how to keep themselves safe when using the internet supported by a policy on E-Safety.
- Providing parents with information to help them keep their children safe when online out of school.
- Ensuring that we comply with all health and safety requirements to keep children safe within our buildings and grounds, with a robust Health & Safety Policy in place.
- Having trained first aiders to look after children when they are injured or ill.
- Ensuring that all staff and volunteer helpers have undertaken a disclosure & barring service check before working with our children.
- Undertaking risk assessments for key activities and out of school visits.
- Having a trained Designated Safeguarding Lead and three Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads in place - Yasmin Ravandi, Co-Headteacher, (lead) Andrea Trigg, Co-Headteacher,(Deputy) Wendy Scott, School Business Manager (Deputy) and Ollie Lamb, Squirrel's Den Manager (Deputy) respectively.